Logitech subsidiary Blue Microphones has announced a new World of Warcraft special edition of its Yeti X microphone. As well as a gold-and-gray color scheme inspired by the MMORPG, the USB microphone also includes a host of audio samples taken from the game’s upcoming Shadowlands expansion and voice modulation effects that Blue says will make you sound like the game’s assortment of orcs, imps, and gnomes, and more.
These World of war craft inspired audio effects are accessed via the Blue Voice software in Logitech’s G Hub platform, which has previously allowed you to tweak the EQ of your voice and apply various effects. Logitech’s says the software makes it easier to “achieve professional on-stream sound quality.” But now, with its new special World of Warcraft edition, you can also use it to make you sound like a garbling murloc or even the Lich King himself.
Specs boasted by Blue Yeti X World of Warcraft Edition.
The Blue Yeti X is a state-of-the-art USB microphone for professional-level gaming, Twitch streaming, podcasting and YouTube productions. With an all-new four-capsule array inside, Yeti X delivers Blue’s legendary sound with greater focus and clarity than ever—in four versatile pickup patterns. The high-res LED audio meter and illuminated multi-function smart knob let you monitor and adjust your voice level in real time, providing precise control over your sound. Download Logitech G HUB or Blue Sherpa (for PC and Mac) and get instant access to Blue Voice broadcast effects with professionally-tuned presets for podcasters and streamers, or make your own unique signature sound, and customizable LED lighting lets you personalize the look of your mic. Yeti X is the ultimate mic for today’s creators. Blue Voice for Yeti X is available in Logitech G Hub (logitechg) and Blue Sherpa (blue designs/Sherpa) desktop apps. Custom LED lighting is only available in Logitech G HUB.
- Four-capsule array – capture legendary Blue broadcast sound with greater focus and clarity than ever for professional-level gaming, Twitch streaming, podcasting and YouTube Productions.
- High-res LED metering – visualize your voice level with the Yeti X Microphone 11-segment LED meter. At a glance you can check if your voice level is too high or too low and adjust accordingly.
- Multi-function smart knob – easily adjust mic gain, mute and headphone volume, as well as the blend of microphone signal and computer sound in your headphones.
- Blue Voice broadcast vocal effects – download Logitech G HUB or Blue Sherpa (for PC and Mac) and gain instant access to a suite of Blue Voice broadcast effects for achieving Professional on-stream sound quality.
- Customizable LED lighting – personalize the color of Yeti X’s LED lights to match your on-stream aesthetic.